About Mindset Learn
Mindset Learn creates digital curriculum aligned educational content for learners and teachers made available on TV, online and on DVD.(Buy the products)
The content is divided into Learn content (Teaching resources) and Learn Xtra content (Revision resources).
- Resources designed for teachers and learners in class
- Carefully scaffolded to teach concepts “from the ground up”
- Show experiments, demonstrations and real life applications
Learn Xtra Content
- Resources are designed for learners
- Produced to the highest educational and production standards.
- Video lessons with supporting PDF notes provide overviews and summaries of the most difficult and important sections.
- Focus on the application of concepts and offer exam practice.
The Learn Xtra sub-programme consists of:
- Learn Xtra Live
- Learn Xtra Lessons
- Learn Xtra Revision
Click the links on the bar above for more information on these programmes
Show Your Love
February is the month of love and we want to see the things in your life that are special to you and meet the people who have made your life a little easier or hold a special place in your heart.
The tribe wants to see those people and things you hold dear and show their love by liking your photo...if its your bicycle, bunny, dad or friend let us share in each others love.
What Mindsetters need to do:
- Go to facebook and post your photo/s of your favourite person or thing OR share your photo via twitter ‘learnxtra’ #showthelove
- We want to see you in the photo
- Add a comment why the item or person is special to you
- Look through the posted photos and like and comment to show your love
View the video promo on Mindset Youtube channel
Mindset Learn Xtra Supplementary School
Mindset Learn Xtra offers four weeks of Supplementary Exam Revision, supporting learners re-writing their final exams.
The focus of the revision programme is working through past exam papers and providing learners opportunities to ask for help with past questions via the Learn Xtra Helpdesk.
Supplementary School broadcasts on tv from 3 February to 23 March. Supporting PDF lesson notes are available for free download.
Learn Xtra Live
Learn Xtra Live is a series of 30 live television shows broadcast Monday to Thursday during term time throughout the year on Mindset Learn (DStv 319) for:
- Grade 10, 11, 12 Mathematics - Mondays
- Grade 10, 11, 12 Physical Sciences - Tuesdays
- Grade 10, 11, 12 Life Sciences - Wednesdays
- Grade 10, 11, 12 Maths Literacy - Thursdays
- Grade 12 Accounting - Thursdays
- Grade 12 Business Studies - Thursdays
These broadcasts follow the sequence and the pacing of the CAPS and area perfect support what is being taught at school.
Each live show is supported by a Show Note available for free download from the schedule on the Learn Xtra Live page. These notes are available in the week before the show broadcasts. This allows learners time to work through the notes, and submit any question they have to the Helpdesk. Expert teachers provide answers to submitted questions within 48 hours.
Learners can also ask questions and interact live on air via facebook during the live shows
If you missed the broadcast or don’t have access to DStv: ALL past shows are uploaded to Youtube (www.youtube.com/mindsetlearn).
Past Exam Papers
Mindset on Youtube
Watch all your favourite Mindset videos on Youtube - www.youtube.com/mindsetlearn.