Learn Xtra Live Teacher Presenter
Mindset is looking for dynamic South African teachers with experience teaching Grade 10 - 12 Maths, Science, Life Science or Maths Literacy to be teacher presenters for our Learn Xtra Live broadcasts.
- Maths on Monday
- Physical Sciences on Tuesday
- Life Sciences on Wednesday
- Maths Literacy on Thursday
Programmes are targeted at learners in Grade 10, 11 and 12.
These live television events run from 16:00 - 19:00. All programmes are produced in English.
Teacher presenters interact with a social media presenter in studio and with learners on various topical questions.
Teachers presenters are required to prepare for each show as follows:
- Prepare a set of teaching notes and questions aligned with the curriculum and work schedule for the subject. Where practical demonstrations and/or experiments are possible, these are encouraged.
- Submit these notes to Mindset at least 1 week before the show.
- Prepare or organise all equipment required for any practical demonstrations or experiments.
For live shows, presenters are expected to be at the Mindset studios in Randburg at least 30 minutes before the start of the show.
The rates for teacher presenting is R1,500 per show.
Teacher presenters will be judged on their subject knowledge, their ability to communicate with learners and their “presence” on camera (e.g. comfort in front of camera and ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English).