Mindset is looking for a dynamic individual with a passion for Education to join our organisation in the position of Mathematics Educator.
This position entails complete responsibility for the development, production and distribution of Mindset resources in Mathematics.
If you are hard working, dedicated, passionate, pay strong attention to detail, are able to work in a pressurised environment, delivery driven, possess sound business acumen, have a high regard for honesty and possess the required qualifications and experience then we want you!!
Mindset is extremely passionate about enriching the lives of people through Schooling and Health
Education and we are looking for someone who is equally as passionate and eager to contribute towards achieving this goal.
- Planning and managing the development of content for:
- Grade 8 & 9 Mathematics for the Telkom Foundation;
- Grade 8 – 12 Mathematics for the MTN Foundation;
- Grade 7 - 12 Mathematics teacher development.
- Preparation of print materials and notes to be used in studio.
- Present live and pre-recorded video lessons / shows.
- Where required, procure and coordinate the development of content with Mathematics teachers by following Mindset procurement processes.
- Quality assure Mathematics content and ensure that resources are aligned to CAPS and correctly tagged in Mindset’s Digital Asset Management System.
- Provide input into research, monitoring and evaluation of Mindset’s resources and their use in schools.
- Provide input into the training of teachers in using Mindset’s resources.
- Engage in the development of teacher development resources by hosting webinars, blogs, social media campaigns as well as making presentations at conferences and workshops when required.
- Collate, review and manage a data bank of diagnostic questions to be used in conjunction with live broadcasts.
- Provide support for the Learn Xtra
- Keep updated project plans and deliver regular reports.
- Manage financial processes and expenditure related to the allocated project budgets.
- Contribute to building the Schooling team by staying up to date with respect to trends in Mathematics teaching and the role of ICTs in Education.
- Contribute to the conceptualisation of new Mathematics products.
Type of Employment: Performance based Limited Duration Contract.
Qualifications and Experience: Tertiary teaching qualification
- Experience developing digital learning and teaching support materials (LTSMs) for both print and digital environments.
- Previous experience working with budgets.
- Previous experience managing resources.
Skills and Attributes:
- Positive and client oriented outlook
- Friendly demeanour
- Attention to detail
- Sense of urgency
- Results driven
- Professional approach to tasks and fellow employees
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Ability to use initiative and creatively solve unique problems
- Ability to teach well on TV by engaging learners
- Responsive to client requests
- Excellent planning skills
- Excellent editing and writing skills (English)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Internet)
Salary band: To be advised
Applications: Should you wish to apply for this position, please click on the link below and continue to complete and submit the form available.
Applications for this position close on the 29th June 2015 at 5pm. No late applications will be considered.
You will be notified should your application be shortlisted.